How I Dealt With Tough Times In My Life
“People are like stain-glassed windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if their light is from within.”– Elizabeth Kübler Ross, Swiss-American psychiatrist
Hello, beautiful friends!
I’m happy to return with part two of my get-to-know-me series, From My Heart To Yours.
In this post, I would like to share how I deal with tough times in my life, for I’m sure we have all experienced bumps and maybe even forks along this road called Life.
It’s pretty easy to get so focused on what we want or what we think is best for us, that we’re unable to see the bigger picture or that there is a better way. So when the universe gives us a slight tap on the shoulder or even down-right body slams us to get our attention (metaphorically speaking), we are forced to consider the alternatives, aren’t we? But this is why I believe it is incredibly helpful to develop the skill to be open-minded and to be loosely associated with outcomes, ie. no expectation, no disappointment; this is how the Law of Attraction works. For those who haven’t experienced the Law of Attraction at work for them, that is because they could not let go of their expectations and control over the situation. When we let go and trust that everything is working out as it should in divine timing, that is when miracles occur.
The sooner we can accept change, the better off we are.
Ah, but this is just part of the journey towards self-mastery, isn’t it? Though I have come to accept changes, and even embrace them with positivity, training our mind to this way of thinking takes perseverance and constant reminders.
With that being said, here are tips and tricks I’ve learned with how to deal with tough times in my life I’d like to share with you in hopes that it will help or give more insight for you.
- Practice gratitude. I believe practicing gratitude on a consistent daily basis has transformed my thinking patterns, beliefs and overall perspective on life. Whenever I feel a moment of panic, sadness, doubt, anger, fear, unhappiness, etc… I take a moment to focus on what I’m grateful for. In my head or out loud if I’m alone, I will list things I am grateful for and will continue to do so until I feel a shift in my mood and feel positive emotions.
- Take a mental and emotional step back from the circumstance and ask yourself, will this positively affect my overall life’s happiness in a week, month, or year’s time? If not, let it go and move on as best as you can.
- Improve your environment. By simply placing yourself in a bright, happy, exciting, passionate, dynamic, friendly, energetic environment, it can lend to improving your overall well-being as your attention is being directed towards processing new information and experiences. It can be as simple as sitting in a busy café, traveling, or visiting with friends and family who are uplifting and positive.
- You have the power. In tough times, remember that you always have the power to choose how you feel, how you react/don’t react, and that you have the power to co-create the best possible outcome.
- Accept the current circumstance and take responsibility. When you realize you have power over your situation, it becomes much easier to focus, gain clarity and worry less. Remember that all you have to do is your own best. After that, let go of the outcome and focus on the positives in your life.
By utilizing these tips and focusing on the present moment, I have learned to deal with tough times in my life with more ease as time goes on. Of course not all challenges are the same and are of varying magnitudes, but the principles I outlined are incredibly effective, regardless of the situation because it is up to ourselves as to how we experience these moments in life, how we choose to feel and whether we allow these moments to hinder or assist us to move forward.
We all have the ability to create a life of beauty, positivity, joy, love, abundance, and prosperity.
It’s a matter of belief, choice, and creation.
If this resonated with you on any level, I’d love to hear about it. I love connecting with my readers so please say hi below!
Until next time, be love…